Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Month of October 2006

Our year began in full swing. The day after our installation, October 14th, we held meetings (at 9:00 a.m. no less!) with our Grand Officers, Guardian Angels and the Committee on Arrangements. All our plans were laid out, special events scheduled, etc. I emphasized to the Guardian Angels how I would like to see some of the newer members take their Proficiency Tests. This seems to be working wonderfully.

On October 15th I attended the Grand Lodge Annual Devine Service at the Montreal West Presbyterian Church. I was accompanied by a delegation of 17 Eastern Star members. It was a wonderful service. The Grand Lodge made a benevolent donation to one of the shelters in Montreal (unfortunately, I can’t remember which one). The service was followed by a social in the church hall. This gave us the opportunity to mingle with many of the masons, and their wives who attended.

On October 21st, Friendship-Victoria Chapter #54 and Victory Chapter #34 hosted a wonderful joint reception for Brother William Winter, WGP and I, and our Grand Family, at the Golf International 2000 in St. Bernard de Lacolle.

The tables were adorned with vases of Bluebells (one of my flowers) brought from Scotland especially for the reception. Sister Hélène LeBel, P.G.M. acted as Mistress of Ceremonies. The Grand Officers and all other Distinguished Guests were led into the banquet hall by Sister Fabienne Winter, Grand Marshal and by a bagpiper in full Scottish regalia.

The guests, of whom there were so many, were treated to a delicious meal and hospitality that wouldn’t end. Throughout the afternoon, Scottish stories and jokes were told. I thank all those who made donations to our Special Projects. It is very much appreciated. I also thank both our chapters for planning this perfect occasion to celebrate the beginning of our 2007 Gathering of the Clans year.

This is Bill & I with the two Worthy Matrons of our Chapters, Sister Barbara Wheaton, PGM of Vermont (on the left) and Sister Florence Ellerton, PGM of Quebec (on the right)

This is my two sisters, Judy and Heather (Heather is our Grand Martha), and the bagpiper

No comments: